American Solutions for Winning the Future is seeking a fall intern for our national headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. We would like to recruit a student for this position as soon as possible.
We are looking for someone who is:
- At least a second-year undergraduate (graduate students are welcome to apply)
- Experienced with MS Office, including Outlook
- Comfortable with technology, especially database applications
- Fairly knowledgeable about American government, including state and local
- An excellent writer
- Professional and upbeat under pressure
- Flexible with work assignments
- Skilled at internet research
- Excited about the policymaking process
- Comfortable working for a political organization that is center-right oriented
- Available at least 15 hours per week; at least 3 days a week (specific days are flexible)
The intern’s immediate assignment will be to help me and American Solutions president Dave Ryan prepare for our Solutions Day event on September 27. This will involve a great deal of research and data gathering to help us with our grassroots outreach campaign. The intern will also be asked to help staff events and will be able to attend American Solutions events, as well. After Solutions Day, we will identify additional projects to which the intern will contribute.
This is a great opportunity to work for an organization whose work is leading to substantive dialogue and real reform on national policy issues. Energy has been a major focus for us; we expect education to also become a major focus this fall.
We regret that we are unable to offer pay for this internship, but the intern will have his or her own computer and workspace to use, and we will help fulfill requirements for course credit.
Please send a resume and three references (no letters required, but please include a phone number for each) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should feel free to call or email me with questions. They can also visit http://www.americansolutions.com/Default.aspx for more information about our organization.
Rebecca Arce Posey, PUBP BS and MS Alum
Assistant to the President