Spring Registration and Advising-READ

Please Read this entire post for Important Registration Information!

Registration has begun! So if you have not checked out this information please read this.  I have put together just about everything you need to get you through the process started.

Important Dates:     

  • Spring schedule of classes available: October 22   Detailed class listings for Summer 2008 and Fall 2008 are posted on OSCAR (https://oscar.gatech.edu/
  • Phase I Registration for Spring:  October 29-November 11
  • Phase II Registration for Spring:  December 22-January 9
  • Classes begin January 5th

Your time ticket tells you exactly when you are allowed to register.  Please pay attention to the ending date and time on your time ticket!  Time tickets should be available October 22nd or 24th at the latest.  

keep reading rest of announcement!….

Registration Tools:

Overloads and Permits for many Tech courses:  https://oscar.gatech.edu/

Courses and OSCAR login:  https://oscar.gatech.edu/ 

Internship Database:  http://www.advising.iac.gatech.edu   (you can earn academic credit for internships!)

Advising Appointments:

Advising is mandatory for all FRESHMAN, NEW TRANSFERS, AND STUDENTS ON PROBATION.  You can schedule an advising appointment using the on-line scheduler, www.advising.gatech.edu .   PLEASE BRING YOUR CHECKLIST UPDATED TO THE MEETING or it may cause us to reschedule. Extra copies are always online at www.advising.iac.gatech.edu.    Please keep your appointment or cancel with 24 hour notice so that other students have opportunity to make an appointment.

Permits and Overloads

To request an overload for a PUBP/PST/POL course simply fill out the online form at http://www.spp.gatech.edu. An icon is located on main page.

To see how to request permits and overloads in other departments, please see the following website: http://www.registrar.gatech.edu/registration/oprequest.php. Remember that if you need a course that is full before your registration time opens, don’t wait to request an overload!  The sooner the better.  Permits mean special permission and usually lists who to get them from, if not, always contact the instructor listed for assistance or the advisor associated with the course’s department.

Leave a comment

Filed under Academic Advising

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s