INSTITUTE ON PHILANTHROPY
AND VOLUNTARY SERVICE
This summer: June 6 – August 1, 2009
Georgetown University, Washington, DC
****PRIORITY DEADLINE FOR SCHOLARSHIPS – FEBRUARY 5, 2009***
Students are encouraged to apply by the priority deadline of February 5, 2009 for this summer’s Institute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service. The institute is a dynamic summer program for undergraduate students interested in volunteerism and careers in the nonprofit sector.
This fast-paced Institute offers a rigorous combination of professional experience, academic learning and service projects that will provide students with an unparalleled experience in the nation’s capital.
· Internships – Competitive placements with leading nonprofit organizations
· Classes – Up to 9 credit hours from Georgetown University
· Housing – Furnished on-campus apartments
· Service – Variety of hands-on community projects
· Guest Lectures – With Washington’s top nonprofit executives and scholars
· Leadership Development – Leadership, mentoring and career building activities
· Scholarships – Over half of all students receive full or partial funding
· Networking – With hundreds of other top student and nonprofit leaders from around the world
Applications will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis until the final deadline of March 5, 2009. For more information on this exciting opportunity or to start an online application, please visit the website at http://www.DCinternships.org/IPVS.
Questions about the program or the application process may be directed to Mary Connell, Manager of Recruitment and Admissions, by phone at 1-800-741-6964 or via email at email@example.com.