CAPITAL SEMESTER FALL 2009 & SPRING 2010
Georgetown University, Washington, DC
Fall 09 Final Deadline – June 1, 2009
**APPLY FOR FALL 09 BY APRIL 24 & BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING TO WIN $200 TOWARD TRAVEL EXPENSES**
Sponsored by The Fund for American Studies in partnership with Georgetown University, Capital Semester combines substantive internships, courses for academic credit, career development activities, site briefings and lectures led by prominent policy experts.This fast-paced, residential program is offered each fall and spring, and provides students from around the world with the opportunities to gain an edge in job placements and graduate school admissions, and experience the excitement of Washington first-hand.
Applications for our fall program will be accepted on a rolling basis until the final deadline of June 1, 2009. Students are encouraged to apply by April 24 in order to be entered into a drawing to win $200 toward their travel to Washington, DC for the program.
· Internships – Competitive placements within the fields of public policy, international affairs, economics, government affairs, journalism and the nonprofit sector
· Classes – 12 transferable credits from Georgetown University
· Housing – Furnished Capitol Hill apartments in the heart of D.C.
· Guest Lectures – With Washington’s top policy and industry experts
· Site Briefings – At the White House Complex, State Department, U.S. Capitol and Federal Reserve
· Leadership & Professional Development – Leadership, mentoring and career building activities
· Networking – Interaction with student leaders from around of the world
· Scholarships – Generous scholarships are awarded based on merit and financial need
For more information and an online application, please visit our website http://www.DCinternships.org/CS. Should you have any questions, please contact Haley Heieck, Recruitment and Admissions Assistant at Admissions@tfas.org or 1-800-741-6964.