The Finance portion of the campaign raises the funds that are essential to re-electing Congressman John Barrow in 2010.
The primary duty of the Finance intern is to assist with the planning and execution of fundraising events. Examples of other daily tasks include keeping track of candidate finances, processing donations, preparing mailings, and updating contact information for various groups. Interns will also attend and staff local fundraising events. Interns may be asked to take leadership role in planning and executing fundraising event by the end of the internship.
Interns must be able to work independently as well as respond to direction. Most importantly, interns must finish assigned work quickly, thoroughly, and accurately. Other qualifications include:
- Commitment to the goals of the Democratic Party
- Good analytical and communications skills
- Working knowledge of the legislative and electoral process, especially in regards to the House of Representatives
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Excel
What does an internship give you?
- We will assist the intern in obtaining academic credit
- You will also be able to get a hands-on, insider view of some of the fundraising strategies and procedures followed in a top targeted Congressional race
- Interns will learn how to use the latest in campaign technology databases including NGP and VoteBuilder
- A completed Internship Application (attached below)
- Cover Letter describing your interest in politics and working on a top targeted Congressional race